Interested in becoming a concurrent session speaker for IMGC 2021? Submit your talk through our “call for proposals” portal. Do you know someone who would make a great speaker? Send them this page! Deadline: May 1 at midnight EST
Virginia is honored to be hosting the 2021 International Master Gardener Conference: Cultivate Our Legacy (IMGC) in Norfolk, VA from September 13 – 17, 2021. We expect 1,100 Master Gardeners from across the US, Canada, UK, and South Korea to join us for IMGC. We have officially opened the Call for Proposals for 60-minute concurrent sessions and 120-minute hands-on workshops at IMGC. Master Gardeners play an important role in their communities, sharing knowledge around environmental horticulture, helping to shape sustainable landscapes, preserve natural resources, build community food security, engage youth in the garden, and more. This conference serves to re-energize these volunteers as they bring back knowledge and skills to their communities.
Who can submit a proposal for a concurrent session?
Anyone can submit a proposal! Chosen speakers must commit to being present in Norfolk and ready to speak on Tuesday Sept. 14, Wed. Sept. 15, OR Thurs. Sept. 16 2021 and registering for IMGC 2021 (speakers will receive discounted registration).
What kinds of sessions are we soliciting speakers for?
- 60-minute concurrent sessions
- 120-minute hands-on workshops
Keep in mind…
- Speakers will be addressing an audience who may garden in very diverse landscapes and climates. Priority in the selection process will be given to speakers who address this.
- Selected speakers will need to commit to being present in Norfolk, Virginia on the day of their presentation in 2021.
Proposals for 60-minute presentations and 120-minute hands-on workshops will be open until May 1 at midnight EST. Our session team will evaluate applications and contact chosen speakers.
- Opportunity to speak at international conference and reach EMGs from around the world
- Speakers will receive $200 off their conference registration fee
Ready to submit your proposal? Fill out our form here: https://vce.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_emTq59MEsXzf3XD
For questions regarding proposal submission or IMGC 2021, please contact Kathleen Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org.